What Wedding Workshop has to say about this Partner:
This is a breathtaking venue! As soon as you step inside, you’ll have to pick your jaw up off the floor. Every room you enter is more beautiful than the next. Whether you choose to have your party outdoors on the amazing patio space or inside, gazing at the stunning architectural details from wood beams, crystal chandeliers and ornate medallions that decorate the ceilings – you will be so thankful you chose The McPherson for your special day! Phillip, Greg and Terri (owners) are three of the nicest people and will be happy to show you around.
What makes you different?
- Original architectural details with state of the art audio and mood lighting systems.
- A private 5,500 sf courtyard in the rear of the building to host outdoor weddings or events. A special wedding gazebo in the courtyard will allow brides to have the outdoor wedding they always wanted with the security of knowing that the event can easily be moved inside if the weather does not comply.
- Both Groom’s room & Bride’s suite on site. The Bride’s suite is over 700 sf and includes a private bathroom, salon quality makeup and hair counter that can seat five and a lounge area with couches, refrigerator and video monitoring of the main hall so that the bride’s party can watch as the guests arrive.
- Valet parking is not required as The McPherson also offers a private parking lot for 80 cars. In addition, there is a portico for the bridal party’s limousine and a covered drop off area to use during inclement weather.
- Numerous bars and restaurants are located within 1 block of The McPherson for those after reception parties that want to continue on into the night.
- An historic venue with all new systems.
- Dramatic chapel with 30 foot beamed ceiling.
- Antique crystal chandeliers over the ceremony and throughout the venue.
- Tables and chairs and linens are included.
- State of the art professional quality lighting for the dance floor.
- Beautiful main floor bathrooms with plenty of European style privacy stalls, marble floors, vessel bowl sinks. Your guests will not have to walk down to an old basement bathroom.
- Large private courtyard with a wedding gazebo and a second bar for outdoor ceremonies or cocktail hour.
- Indoor and outdoor bars. The indoor bar can offer up to 3 different draft beers.
- Groom’s rooms with leather couches, private bath and changing room.
- Bride’s suite with 5 makeup/hair stations, private bath, couches & chairs, refrigerator, Keurig coffee/tea maker, video surveillance of chapel to watch guests arrive, Amazon Alexa, internet connected smart television, smart phone charging station, clothes steamer, ironing equipment, sewing kit and much more. Over 700 s.f.
- Covered portico for limousine in bad weather or for outside cigar bar.
- Venue space is all on the main level. Mezzanines and balconies may look nice but are impractical for your guests and are generally not useable space.
- Large number of bars within walking distance for after reception parties.
- Large secure parking lot with attendant. No need to pay extra for valet parking, however valet is available if requested.
- Discounts and free shuttle service from the Parkway Hotel for your out of town guests.
- Close to Forest Park, Tower Grove Park and Botanical Gardens for pictures.
Below is an extensive Q&A we hope you find valuable and gives you an insight into the quality of work you can expect from this vendor.
Since May 2017
It is a flat fee based on day of the week and month of the year (see our pricing sheet below).
There is no minimum.
We have a preferred vendor list but clients are not required to use them.
Russo’s does table layout as part of their catering package.
We do NOT provide officiant or master of ceremonies.
Yes, we have several areas apart from the main reception hall both inside and outside to accommodate a cocktail hour gathering.
200 seated, 275 cocktail.
We have 60″ round tables that seat 8-10 people depending on total guest count. We also offer rectangular tables.
30 minutes prior to your event unless you elect to get early access, which can be as early as 9:00 a.m. the morning of your event.
Gentleman: 7 fixtures; Ladies: 7 fixtures. PLUS one in the bridal suite and one in the groom’s changing room.
Russo’s provides linens and tableware as part of their catering package.
Yes, we have all new electric service with plenty of outlets and power.
N/A – our tile flooring is adequate as a dance floor.
Outdoor sound is limited and must cease at 10:00 p.m.
Parking is available on-site with an attendant at no extra fee. There are 80 dedicated parking spaces and we have never run short. There is also a public parking lot one block away.
This is not necessary but you are welcome to hire a company if you want. Parking is very close to our venue.
Phillip is there until the start of food service at which time Russo’s staff takes over. Our parking lot attendant stays until closing to watch over the venue.
White chairs will be set up for an outdoor ceremony. High top bar tables are set up for the cocktail hour.
Outdoor chairs are not set up until 4 hours before the event. The engaged couple will make a decision at that time if they want to move indoors.
Yes, we have areas for a receiving line both inside and in the courtyard.
Russo’s can arrange for a coatroom attendant at an additional fee.
Yes, and we provide the table.
Yes, we have a bride’s suite and groom’s changing room available.
Yes. Guests can purchase additional time in excess of 5 hours for ceremony and reception (30 minutes before the event is no additional cost).
Yes, we do.
Russo’s is licensed, as they provide the food for each event.
Again, Russo’s has the license since they provide the liquor at events.
Guests are asked to remove any large decorations within 30 minutes of the end of the event unless other arrangements have been made with us.
No. All alcohol must be provided by Russo’s.
$2,000 is required at the time the contract is signed.
The balance of the base rental is due in 60 days. Additional options are due 30 days prior to the event.
There are no refunds unless we can find a replacement lessee, in which case all but $500 is refunded.
We have reviews on The Knot, Facebook, Google, Wedding Wire and ask Wedding Workshops & MORE about us!